Key initiatives taking place at the Louisiana Wind Energy Hub at UNO, as well as other developments related to wind energy at UNO include:
· Startup incubation support and services. The hub will provide business planning, regulatory guidance, grant development and fundraising support for startups in the wind energy field.
· Wind innovation programming. The hub will hold seminars, roundtables and networking events to connect stakeholders in the field and accelerate the offshore wind ecosystem.
· Seed technology commercialization grants. The hub will fund research at UNO to accelerate the development of translatable technologies and new intellectual property in the field of wind energy.
· UNO Wind Scholars Program. The hub will award scholarships to select UNO engineering students who take coursework relevant to offshore wind energy. The scholars will also get hands-on training through internships with an offshore wind engineering firm or developer.
· Offshore Wind Certificates. UNO’s Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE) division is offering certificates related to the offshore wind industry, including in Data Analytics, with real-world offshore wind energy data, and Offshore Wind Economics for Complete Beginners.
Are you in the renewable energy industry, an emerging entrepreneur, or a student interested in wind energy? Connect with us!